We are currently hiring for these temporary positions. They will run from October, 2017 - December, 2017.
Accountant III is the lead/specialist level classification in the professional accounting series. Under general direction, the Accountant III performs a variety of complex and specialized professional accounting duties requiring a thorough knowledge of professional accounting principles and procedures.
Examples of Duties
1. Establishes and maintains the county's general accounting systems in conformance with generally accepted accounting principles and in conformance with appropriate federal, state and local regulations and guidelines.
2. Reconciles expenditures with budget appropriations; makes adjustments resulting from budget revisions. Prepares reports which serve as a basis for budget requests.
3. Performs internal audits and suggests methods to improve controls. Prepares a portion of the annual financial statements. Prepares A133 reports for publication.
4. Maintains accounting details and posting of a complete set of unit cost and business accounts including all journals and ledgers. Verifies all account balances and control records
6. May analyze grant activity and verify compliance with grantor requirements and prepare financial reports to grantors.
7. May coordinate preparation of the Cost Allocation Plan.
8. Performs related work as required.
9. May be reassigned in an emergency situation.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field is required
Experience: Four years of professional accounting experience including one year in a supervisory capacity.