Staff Accountant II
We are currently hiring for the following temporary positions. They will go from October, 2017-December, 2018
Accountant II is the journey level classification in the professional accounting series. The Accountant II performs a variety of non-routine and specialized professional accounting duties requiring independent judgment in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. Performs work in a mid-level area of complexity and specialization at the county level and provides expertise in this area on a county-wide basis.
Examples of Duties
1. Maintains general ledger system by preparing original and correcting journal entries to ensure all financial data is included and balanced.
2. Prepares financial reports for internal and external review.
3. Prepares reports of net expenditures and inter-fund transfers.
4. Prepares billings/invoices and follow-up on accounts receivable.
5. Reviews transactions and journal entries for appropriateness and compliance.
6. Answers questions from employees and the public relating to financial information.
7. Verifies receipt and usage of county warrants to assure compliance with funding stipulations.
8. Recommends new accounting procedures and clarifies existing procedures
11. Performs related work as required.
12. May be reassigned in case of emergency situation.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field is required.
Experience: Two years of professional accounting experience.
Additional related education may count toward required experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
*Working knowledge of professional accounting principles and procedures especially as they relate to governmental accounting.
*Ability to work effectively with other employees and the public.