Colorado Springs, CO 80919
Job Store Staffing is seeking an Accountant for one of our respected clients in the Aerospace industry.
The Accountant will develop and maintain accounting systems, prepare journal entries, maintain reconciles ledger accounts, and prepare financial statements and variance reports as requested. The Accountant may also do analysis and prepare special reports for management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all accounting activities in the company to ensure accuracy and validity along with all financial compliance with company policies and regulatory policies
- Maintain files and records
- Prepares a variety of documents, reports and records and discusses the financial results with management
- Maintain various ledgers, registers, journals and logs, including the General Ledger, analysis of expense accounts as well as balance sheet accounts
- Makes correcting journal entries as assigned and recommends accruals and adjustments as needed
- Prepares reconciliation and monthly financial analysis in written form
- Prepares and directs the preparation of audits, financial statements and varied fiscal reports
- Assists with year-end close-out as well as preparation of the annual budget
- Five years of applicable experience
- Experience in government audits preferred
- Bachelor s degree in Accounting or related field
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen