Englewood, CO 80110
Job Store Staffing is seeking a Bookkeeping Assistant to work for a non-profit client in the Englewood, Colorado area. The Bookkeeping Assistant will be responsible for Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable Duties. The Bookkeeping Assistant is a 35-hour work week position, that is temporary for 2 months but could turn into a temporary-to-hire opportunity for the right candidate. We are looking for candidates that want to expand and grow their accounting skills and have a long-term career in bookkeeping.
Bookkeeping Assistant Job Duties:
- Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering and sorting documents and related information.
- Code the expenditure with proper accounts and enter the accounting data into system accurately. Position resolves accounts payable issues regarding missing or inadequate documentation or incorrect payment amounts in a timely manner with program staff in the department.
- Accounts Payable Processing duties include, process accounts payable in a timely and accurate manner and within established timelines.
- Pays invoices by verifying transaction information; scheduling and preparing disbursements; obtaining authorization of payment.
- Obtains revenue by verifying transaction information; computing charges and refunds; preparing and emailing invoices; identifying delinquent accounts and insufficient payments.
- Collects revenue by reminding delinquent accounts; notifying customers of insufficient payments.
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by posting account transactions.
- Verifies accounts by reconciling statements and transactions.
- Resolves account discrepancies by investigating documentation; issuing stop payments, payments, or adjustments.
- Maintains financial security by following internal accounting controls.
- Maintains financial historical records by filing accounting documents.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Required Skills and Abilities for the Bookkeeping Assistant:
- Ideal candidates must have SAGE 50 experience.
- Demonstrated aptitude for accounting/bookkeeping with a high degree of attention to detail.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and work under pressure.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and the aptitude to learn and navigate Accounting Systems.
- Strong 10 key and data entry skills with limited errors.
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 9am-3pm. 35-hour work week.
If you have a history of bookkeeping experience with SAGE 50 experience please apply online today!
Recruiting Manager- Denver
Jackie joined the Job Store team in 2016 as a HR Coordinator and is now currently the Recruiting Manager for the Denver branch. Jackie enjoys the challenge of recruiting for a range of different positions but most frequently recruits for Administrative and Customer Service related positions. Jackie enjoys building rapport with clients and employees and is always happy to help in any way she can. Jackie moved to Colorado from Australia in 2015 and she enjoys exploring new places.