Aerospace EDM Operator
Colorado Springs, CO 80921 US
If you are seeking your next long-term position with a company who is committed to positively shaping the future, provides education assistance for their associates, and emphasizes on the importance of wellness and balance, this could be the perfect next long-term career for you!
Job Store Staffing is hiring for a EDM Operator for a company located in Northern Colorado Springs! This position exists to perform EDM machining tasks on production machines. These positions are for an Engineering company that specializes in making custom seals, springs, and electrical contacts for Aerospace, Medical, Energy, and Transportation industries, just to name a few.
9 Reasons you will LOVE working for this Leading Manufacturer!
Medical, dental, vision, etc.
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Paid sick leave
10 paid holidays per year
Summer picnics, holiday parties, and other team building events!
Schedule: Full-Time, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Pay Rate: $25 - $35 per hour
Location: Northern Colorado Springs, CO 80921
ESSENTIAL/MAJOR ELEMENTS OF POSITION
- Reviews engineering drawings, models and specifications of tooling, and programs appropriate machines to make the part.
- Creates/maintains records of set-up sheets and properly redlines drawings when necessary.
- Employs knowledge of machining processes and material standards along with expertise in CAM software to create new EDM programs to produce parts efficiently and with high quality.
- Resolves questions regarding “manufacturing intent” or tooling, which arise in the programming process, through direct communication with the responsible person.
- Modifies existing programs to incorporate new processes or tools.
- Trains production operators in EDM operations and setups as required.
- Leads development of tool manufacturing process standards.
- Inspects and measures components.
- Interfaces with other machinists, Engineering personnel and other applicable departments to ensure the proper design collaboration and manufacturing parts for production machines.
- Occasionally, the incumbent will be asked and expected to perform various, miscellaneous, and non-standard duties as required. Such duties are diverse in nature and may change from time to time to suit the needs of the company.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Necessary to Successfully Perform this Position:
- Computer skill, MS Word and Excel preferred.
- Strong demonstrated knowledge of EDM wire programming (Esprit preferred).
- Ability to read engineering/manufacturing drawings
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to author setup instructions, creating technical procedures related to work product and troubleshooting reports.
- Demonstrated expertise in training machine operators in setup, operation, and inspection.
- Detailed knowledge of wire EDM of tight tolerance metal parts.
- Initiative to identify and solve problems with little direction or assistance.
Education Level Desired:
- High School diploma
- EDM training
- CNC Programming Certificate
- Two-year technical degree preferred
Prior Experience Desired:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in wire EDM programming, set up and operations.
- Familiar with CNC machines
- Previous experience with Esprit or similar is a plus.
- Extensive experience in cutting tool production is desirable.
- Tooling design experience
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiter- Colorado Springs
Celina joined Job Store Staffing’s Colorado Springs team in September of 2021 as a Jr. Recruiter. She has moved into the Recruiter role with her excellence in service. She moved from Washington state for a career development move and the Colorado sunshine. She has an advanced business degree underway and plans to evolve her Human Resource skills towards a SHRM certification in the near future. Celina brings interpersonal, advantageous and meticulous expertise. As a multicultural individual, she also brings attentiveness to equal opportunity and social justice.
In her off time, you can find Celina rock climbing in the Front Range mountains or on an adventure outside with her Red Heeler pup Chico. Traveling, camping, climbing and skiing are some of her favorite hobbies when she’s not gardening in the backyard at home.