Aerospace Facilities Maintenance Technician
Colorado Springs, CO 80921 US
Job Store Staffing is hiring for a Facilities Maintenance Technician Level 2 for a company located in Northern Colorado Springs! These positions are for an Engineering company that specializes in making custom seals, springs, and electrical contacts for Aerospace, Medical, Energy, and Transportation industries, just to name a few.
This position performs technical and mechanical work that ensures the physical aspects of the buildings, grounds, amenities, and common areas of the property to meet the Company’s standards for cleanliness, appearance, safety, and overall functionality. This position will also diagnose the cause of electrical or mechanical malfunction or failure of facility equipment and perform preventative and corrective maintenance.
9 Reasons you will LOVE working for this Leading Manufacturer!
Medical, dental, vision, etc.
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Paid sick leave
10 paid holidays per year
Summer picnics, holiday parties, and other team building events!
Hours of Position: Monday-Friday, 8:000 am - 4:30 pm but hours vary
Pay Rate: Starting pay rate is $20-$23/hour.
Zip Code: North Colorado Springs, CO 80921
ESSENTIAL/MAJOR ELEMENTS OF POSITION
- Maintains all equipment records per E1 preventative maintenance work orders
- Makes general mechanical and minor electrical repairs to production and facility equipment
- Retrieves and orders spare parts and supplies as needed to accomplish work in a timely manner
- Enhances the facility’s preventative maintenance (PM) program through recommendations and suggestions for procedures or processes
- Inspects and maintains facility equipment and repairs interior and exterior, or replaces defective parts
- Manages and control company new/used chemicals and gas tanks
- Monitors, repairs, and reports unsafe conditions
- Occasionally, the incumbent will be asked and expected to perform various miscellaneous and non-standard duties as required. Such duties are diversified in nature and may be changed from time to time, to suite the business needs of the company.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Necessary to Successfully Perform this Position
- Must be able to read, communicate, follow, and understand verbal and written work instructions in
- Ability to use standard and electric tools (hammer, saw, measuring tape, etc.)
- Ability to drive forklift and use other manufacturing equipment such as pallet jack, power walkie, scissor lift, and ladders
- Read equipment manuals and make repairs as necessary
- Ability to drive company vehicles by maintaining a valid driver license
- High school or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience in general facility maintenance
- Employee is regularly required to stand and routinely walk throughout facility
- This position is occasionally sedentary
- Ability to recognize and wear necessary personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Employee regularly required to talk to others and to hear their responses.
- Occasionally will need to bend, stoop, squat, and climb
- Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10-20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, without assistance
- Required to reach with hands and arms to handle equipment and tools
- Visual ability to safely complete job duties
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiter- Colorado Springs
Celina joined Job Store Staffing’s Colorado Springs team in September of 2021 as a Jr. Recruiter. She has moved into the Recruiter role with her excellence in service. She moved from Washington state for a career development move and the Colorado sunshine. She has an advanced business degree underway and plans to evolve her Human Resource skills towards a SHRM certification in the near future. Celina brings interpersonal, advantageous and meticulous expertise. As a multicultural individual, she also brings attentiveness to equal opportunity and social justice.
In her off time, you can find Celina rock climbing in the Front Range mountains or on an adventure outside with her Red Heeler pup Chico. Traveling, camping, climbing and skiing are some of her favorite hobbies when she’s not gardening in the backyard at home.