Bilingual Administrative Assistant
Aurora, CO 80045 US
- Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
- Coordinates, schedules, and monitors the student and faculty provider schedules for patient health care using various scheduling business systems.
- Communicates with students and faculty regarding patient assignments, workflows, and charting.
- Coordinates all clinic referrals using various reporting systems.
- Verifies that patient documentation is completed and accessible for students and faculty.
- Identify and communicate scheduling challenges and recommendations to the clinic faculty and leadership; make recommendations and/or modifications of clinic policies and procedures to comply with state/federal rules and regulations (infection control/HIPPA, State Practice Act.).
- Manage and troubleshoot clinic referrals; collaborates with other SDM clinics on improving referral challenges.
- Communicates with students, faculty, and department when patient documentation is not completed.
- Ensuring that all appropriate documentation is available regarding legal guardianship
- and/or medical proxy.
- Support dental students in clinic operations (i.e., utilization of clinic support operations, program administrative support).
- Assist students in troubleshooting patient chart locks; serve as the first point of contact for clinic chart lock questions and issues; collaborates with SDM patient finance and accounting department in understanding and troubleshooting patient chart issues.
- Manage clinic labs cases
- Independently manage the day-to-day operations of the undergraduate dental students in a Comprehensive Care group, to ensure effective and efficient patient care and to assist faculty in managing group operations.
- Developed knowledge and experience using business tools and applications (i.e., patient health record systems, ZOOM)
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (e.g., word, excel, PowerPoint, TEAMS)
- Knowledge of the administrative, clerical, and customer service standards, concepts, and practices.
- The ideal candidate for this position will be a detail oriented, dedicated and professional individual; ability to efficiently organize, multi-task, and prioritize duties and tasks.
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and evaluate a broad range of clinic, department, school and university laws, rules, and regulations in order to exercise good judgment in applying them to work responsibilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally, including public speaking.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality while working with sensitive information.
- Ability to take initiative with daily work activities and collaborates to create a positive effect on team performance; ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Meet Your Recruiter
Lead Recruiter- Denver
Kaitlyn George is originally from Decatur, Georgia and moved to Colorado in 2017. She joined the Job Store in November 2021 after completing her bachelors degree at CSU. Kaitlyn has a passion for linking people to jobs that match their passions and personalities. Kaitlyn has a heartfelt passion for the LGBTQ+ community and representation, from her personal experiences. Outside of work you will find Kaitlyn trying out new recipes or out exploring Colorado and all it has to offer with her family and two dogs, Loki and Hades