Denver, CO 80230 US
Job Store Professional is seeking a Food and Beverage Director for a growing grocery retailer opening up in the Denver Market! Our client has been successfully grown over the last 45 years and is expanding into the Metro Area.
Our client is seeking an experienced Director to manage the Seafood/Deli and Fresh Food categories. This candidate would be experienced in perishables.
Direct hire Opportunity! Permanent from day one
Salary: $125,000 Annually with Bonus
Health/dental and prescription insurance
$10, 000 company paid life insurance policy (age-adjusted)
Supplemental Life Insurance/Accidental Death and Dismemberment
Accident medical expense support
Hospitalization medical expense support
Critical Illness medical expense support.
Employee assistance plan
401k with match for eligible employees
Paid sick leave or personal time off
- Represent the Seafood/Deli/Fresh Food Service categories on our client’s corporate management team to define, monitor and adjust departmental and product specific strategies to achieve sales, sell-through, profit and market share.
- Prioritize quarterly objectives for Seafood, Fresh Food Service and Deli departments for Store Directors and ensure timing and action plans are constructed and used to ensure results on strategies and objectives;
- Analyze overall trends in product, merchandising, layout, and fixtures to stay on trend, drive sales and innovation, and stay ahead of competition;
- Facilitate product, fixture, and merchandising vision and development that properly positions our client as a premier, fresh, and innovative grocer in our targeted markets, consistent with the company’s strategic plan;
- Develop and manage department’s budgets. Ensure the financial objectives are being met/exceeded and make required course corrections;
- Manage strategic vendor relationships. Conduct regular meetings and communicate with suppliers to monitor supplier performance;
- Facilitate development of annual, seasonal and weekly promotional activity plans, inclusive of product promotional selection, margin forecasting, store merchandising direction, signage, ad proofing, competitive activity and product pre-sells;
- Provide guidance for strategic competitive retail pricing to maximize sales and profits;
- Maintain a company-wide focus on effective and trend-conscious merchandising in resets, remodels, and re-flows; apply the same logic as appropriate to seasonal merchandising;
- Lead the entire perishable team to merchandise the retail space as a whole, to promote the our client’s brand as identified in the strategic plan. Includes planning and proposing new program equipment needs required to achieve brand objectives, labor requirements and sell-through;
- Develop budget for capital requirements as appropriate;
- Manage the new/discontinued item process to maximize sales, profits, and productivity;
- Conduct effective testing as needed for new roll-outs to anticipate and resolve operational concerns prior to all-store execution;
- Work closely with Marketing to source, plan, and execute branding opportunities for stores and the community as it relates to product and/or vendor involvement;
- Work closely with partners in Operations to drive consistency, maintaining good relationships and open and honest communication; visit stores on a rotational basis regularly to assess category strategies and solicit/offer feedback;
- Provide merchandising leadership within category and operations that supports our strategic plan;
- Facilitate development of best practices for all category management related processes; Perform functional roles as required; balance time to ensure that both functional and leadership responsibilities are met;
- Teach, train, and coach teams for improved performance to the business and strategic plan;
- Contribute to organizational effectiveness by offering information, suggestions and recommendations;
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by completing educational opportunities, trade show attendance, reviewing professional publications, benchmarking state of the art practices and networking;
- Execute with operational integrity by anticipating problems, taking preventative measures, and adapting to changes that improve our operations or customer experience;
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor degree in business or related field. Master degree preferred.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in store operations and perishable category management.
- Proficient management and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work on projects/plans 12 to 24 months out.
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Executive Recruiter
Lynnette joined Job Store in 2017. Lynnette has a professional background in recruiting, insurance, and contract negotiation. Her passion is helping others find long term opportunities in their chosen fields. She has helped hundreds find a career in manufacturing, production, clerical and healthcare roles. Lynnette has developed great long term relationships with her client companies and always receives great reviews!
When she is not at the Job Store, you will find Lynnette spending time with family and exploring the mountains.