Job Store Staffing is seeking an Engineer Technician for our clients in the medical device industry. In this role you will work with a small Engineering and Production team in a high-mix, low-volume, mostly manual manufacturing environment. This role supports Engineering on new process development, new product development, and provides periodic technical support to manufacturing associates. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have experience with formal documentation processes including writing new procedures, BOMs, and other associated documentation. Microscope and soldering experience required!
Schedule: The schedule rotates every other week. Week 1 4X10 hr M-Th Week 2 5X8 hr M-F. This way you get every other Friday off!
Start Time: 5:30am
· Build engineering prototypes, pre-production, and qualification units for new ultrasound array and probe products inclusive of all steps of the manufacturing process including but not limited to grinding, bonding, soldering, dicing, and testing.
· Troubleshoot manufacturing processes to root cause and propose solutions to design manufacturing problems.
· Conduct Engineering testing including product qualification testing.
· Familiarity/experience with bonding processes, epoxies, small/precision fixtures; jigs for alignment, soldering, casting, flex circuits, and semiconductor dicing.
· Familiarity/experience with oscilloscopes, multimeters, capacitance meters and/or other similar electronic measurement equipment.
· Knowledge/experience with basic electrical circuits including the concepts of resistance, capacitance and inductance.
· Experience with the operation of manual machinery such as surface grinders, mills, drill presses and/or computerized machinery such as CNC machines, dicing saws, back grinders or other high precision equipment such as that used in the semiconductor industry.
· Experience with fine scale soldering
· Experience and skills with Microsoft office applications, especially Word and Excel.
· Able to communicate effectively with floor personnel
· Ability to collaborate in engineering brainstorming sessions and provide creative
solutions to challenging problems.
· Understanding of ISO13485 or similar Quality System requirements for Design Control, Process qualification, Document Control, and other relevant workflows governed by a Quality System.