Field Service Technician
Golden, CO 80403 US
Job Store Staffing is seeking a Field Service Technician in the Golden, CO area! The ideal candidate will have experience working in a manufacturing environment.
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm
- Perform hands-on assembly, repairs, inspections, oil processing analysis, testing, and maintenance to transformers and our service equipment.
- Support the team proactively during maintenance services to ensure safe, timely, and high-quality completion of tasks.
- Operate the oil processor and make standard transformer test connections under the guidance of our senior and or lead field service technicians.
- Assist other technicians with general equipment maintenance and restocking supplies.
- Review project itineraries, work scopes, and drawings prior to arriving on-site to ensure clear understanding of requirements.
- Maintain bi-monthly timesheets and weekly expense reports for timely submission.
- Take responsibility for preplanning service jobs, including verification of service material and obtaining necessary work information.
- Travel to customer sites frequently.
- The ideal candidate will reside in the State of Colorado and be able to travel as needed.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- No prior experience required; we provide training.
- Ability to work comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Basic computer skills (MS Office, email, etc.).
- Possession of a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Ability to crawl, climb, stand, and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to pass a fit for duty exam.
- Available for frequent overnight domestic travel.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, overtime, weekends, holidays, and nights.
- Ability to represent the company in a professional manner.
- Highly motivated self-starter with a desire to learn.
Preferred but not Required
- Ability to read and understand Dissolved Gas Analysis.
- Certifications such as TWIC, OSHA 10/30, First-Aid, MEWP, Forklift.
- Supplemental courses in electrical maintenance (AVO, Doble).
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in high voltage testing of electrical power equipment.
- Knowledge of Circuit Breakers (HV/MV), Transformers, Switchgear, CT’s, PT’s, and CCVT’s.
- Must be willing to travel 50-80% of the time or based on market demand.
- Willing to travel to work locations via car and plane.
- Willing to work for long/unexpected durations at short notice.
- 6% match to 401k Retirement plan.
- PPE, uniforms, and boots provided.
- Travel expenses, including food and lodging, covered by the company.
- Ability to obtain and keep airline and hotel points for personal travel.
- Advancement opportunities
- Paid time off, including holidays.
- Company culture focused on employee development, training, and safety.
Meet Your Recruiter
Kelsey moved from Chicago to Denver in 2019. She joined the Job Store Staffing team in September 2022. What led her to recruiting is her passion for people; she is motivated to help others find the right opportunity that suits their needs.
When not working, she loves to stay active with friends and family; traveling, trying new restaurants or any outdoor activities. You can often find her doing yoga, climbing or skiing.