Flexographic Press Operator
Denver, CO 80211 US
Job Store Professional has teamed up with large manufacturer of custom Digital, Flexographic printing services offering an experienced Press Operator opportunity! This is a direct hire opportunity looking move forward on candidates right away.
What the company has to offer:
Comprehensive Medical Plans offered
Inclusive company culture
Paid time off and vacation time
Paid Sick leave
The Press Operator sets up and operates the flexographic press to print designs or letting on rolls of flexible paper and nonabsorbent stock. This role is open to experienced press operators.
- Determine: appropriate press usage, press settings and materials needed to run the job successfully.
- Must be able to perform routine operational maintenance of equipment.
- Must be able to use a micrometer to mount and align the printing plate correctly.
- Minimize spoilage through exercising proper judgment in determining whether to shut down the press, awareness of warning signs of potential/emerging paper quality issues, and knowledge of the established standards/goals.
- Optimize the machine speed for each production order as dictated by the production schedule
- Incorporate safe work practices into daily activities, including operating equipment properly and maintaining a clean/organized work area at the end of your shift
- Reads job order and mounts specified rubber plate and printing dies on cylinder, installs cylinder on shaft, and secures assembly in bed of press.
- Examine job orders to determine quantities for printing, stock specifications, color or special printing instructions.
- Observes all policies GMP, OSHA, and company and customer regulations
- Moves levers to engage dye rolls, adjusting position of cylinder to print two or more colors without overlapping or smearing previously printed area
- Inserts shaft through core of paper or plastic roll and secures roll on press in feed position
- Splices end of roll to trailer sheet remaining in press and regulates roll tension and feed as directed
- Starts press adjusting speed tension, and alignment of printing plate as necessary.
- Cuts sample of printed material from end of printed roll and inspects for imperfections, such as blurred of off center impressions.
- Produce proofs/samples for management & clients
- Print full-production press runs
- Works as a Press Operator as well as other job areas when needed
- Works together with the other Pressman during shift
- Ensure deadlines are maintained
- Perform and document quality checks per quality procedure
- Complete all paperwork required and maintain updated records
- Clean and maintain press and press area – Organization and cleanliness are a big factor
- Cleans rubber plate, cylinder, and dye fonts and lubricates press as needed.
- Mixes inks or dyes to produce desired colors.
- Color match samples, proofs, etc.
- Cross-train on other manufacturing equipment possible
- Working with the Production and Finishing managers to meet all the needs of production and most importantly the clients
- Change press plates per order specifications.
- Identify sheet size and prepare sheet for press run.
- Monitor feeding and printing operations to maintain specified operating level and to detect malfunctions.
- Clean ink fountains and plates when press runs are complete.
- Grease and lubricate press and change water if contaminated.
- Minimum 2-3 yrs. experience in the set-up and operation of a Mark Andy 830 Press.
- Practical experience with digital print equipment and background in the printing industry
- Working knowledge of printing large array of substrates Flexible hours - ability to stay late or weekend if needed
- Pre-press experience with Adobe Graphics applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign), Windows-based software a plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a focus on safety and quality
- Requires thorough knowledge of Flexo printing procedures, materials and specifications, equipment, and safety requirements and skills to perform assignments.
- Must be able to read and understand job specifications and have knowledge of press capabilities to
- S. diploma or general education degree (GED); plus, one to three years related experience.
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Executive Recruiter
Lynnette joined Job Store in 2017. Lynnette has a professional background in recruiting, insurance, and contract negotiation. Her passion is helping others find long term opportunities in their chosen fields. She has helped hundreds find a career in manufacturing, production, clerical and healthcare roles. Lynnette has developed great long term relationships with her client companies and always receives great reviews!
When she is not at the Job Store, you will find Lynnette spending time with family and exploring the mountains.