Fractional Chief Financial Officer
Denver, CO 80231 US
Job Store Professional has partnered with a collaborative and agile professional accounting firm to fill a hybrid Fractional Chief Financial Officer If you’re seeking your next Direct Hire opportunity with an established and growing company, and looking to be part of a dynamic team that values integrity, teamwork, and challenges the norm, this could be the next career opportunity for you! The Fractional Chief Financial Officer will be a hybrid opportunity in Denver area with the opportunity to set your own schedule.
About the Company:
This exciting opportunity is for a Colorado-based professional services firm that has over a decade of experience providing financial and accounting solutions to high-growth startups and established brands across the country! They are an experienced team of CFO’s and finance & accounting professionals, dedicated to helping business’s reach their full potential through sound financial guidance.
Our client is looking for top-notch Fractional CFOs to join our dynamic team of fractional financial professionals. You will provide strategic CFO services, lead client teams, and oversee the quality of deliverables to our diverse portfolio of clients. Your work will be meaningful and exciting, supporting businesses that are going through transformation, growth, process improvement, fundraising, preparing for an exit, and/or looking to acquire other companies.
Our clients include cutting-edge startups, scale-ups, and private companies, in addition to VC- and PE-backed companies, across a wide range of industries (technology, SaaS, professional services, manufacturing, eCommerce, CPG, FinTech, real estate, and more). We are looking for CFOs that have significant experience in these industries, especially those familiar with venture-backed companies and raising venture funds.
- Work directly with CEOs and executive teams to develop and execute finance strategy
- Provide strategic business advice to clients
- Prepare and maintain financial models, rolling forecasts and cash-flow forecasts
- Manage the budgetary process and analyze budget vs. actual variances
- Assist clients in fundraising and/or M&A activity
- Managing Ascent CFO and/or client resources to oversee/complete the month-end close and reporting packages
- Onboard clients which may include an assessment phase
- Establish and implement appropriate accounting processes and internal controls
- Identify and track key trends and metrics
- Develop and maintain executive dashboards and KPI monitoring and reporting
- Coordinate and manage the annual audit and tax return process
- Financial reporting to the board and shareholders
Ideal candidates will have:
- CPA License or MBA strongly preferred
- 15+ years of experience in accounting and finance roles
- Experience as a strategic leader, most comfortable being the “right hand” to the CEO
- Considerable experience with building financial forecast and cash flow models
- Significant experience raising capital in the venture capital space
- Experience working with SaaS companies with deep knowledge of tracking and reporting SaaS metrics preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Utmost level of honesty and integrity
- Prior experience in full-time CFO roles
- Ability to manage multiple projects/clients at one time
- High energy and enjoys leading others in the finance and accounting organization
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Comfortable with being “hands-on” in accounting and ERP systems including QBOnline, NetSuite, Intacct, and other accounting packages
- Very strong Excel skills
- Colorado residents or those planning to relocate will be considered first
Compensation: $200,000 Annually, Plus Bonus/Commission Eligible
Culture and Benefits:
· Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees who work over 24 hours. FSA
- 401K matching, 6 paid holidays and technology and professional education stipends
- $75/month technology stipend for FT
- Facilitation of their employees’ career growth by providing promotion and mentoring opportunities for all of our roles
- Casual, fun, collaborative team with quarterly in-person get togethers
- Flexible schedule
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Executive Recruiter
Lynnette joined Job Store in 2017. Lynnette has a professional background in recruiting, insurance, and contract negotiation. Her passion is helping others find long term opportunities in their chosen fields. She has helped hundreds find a career in manufacturing, production, clerical and healthcare roles. Lynnette has developed great long term relationships with her client companies and always receives great reviews!
When she is not at the Job Store, you will find Lynnette spending time with family and exploring the mountains.