Colorado Springs, CO 80907
Do you have a strong attention to detail and a desire to ensure products retain the highest quality standards? If so, become a valuable member of our client's team as a grinder, inspecting products as they come out of the machinery, removing any defective pieces and providing the finishing touches on the rest by hand. You will use your profound knowledge of how the machinery works to ensure that it remains functional by performing routine maintenance, cleaning and repairs. Your problem-solving skills will come in handy as you keep the machinery running and reduce any potential gaps in production in a fast-paced environment that cannot afford to lose any time due to machinery malfunctions.
- Inspect machinery and workpieces to ensure that they remain compliant with specifications to reduce any malfunctions and associated loss of production.
- Ensure grinding wheels are dressed according to specifications so that the machines remain at peak working capability.
- Provide quality control by inspecting workpieces as they come out of the equipment and removing any defective pieces.
- Operate machinery, including polishing and grinding equipment, to grind any metal workpieces to their prescribed specifications to ensure high-quality products.
- Finish products by hand using hand tools to ensure the surfaces are filed or finished accordingly.
- Keep all equipment running by inspecting and performing basic maintenance, including lubrication and cleaning, and scheduling repairs when needed.
- Perform basic repairs, including replacing parts when they are worn down or broken, within the scope of expected knowledge and expertise.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2-5 years experience as a grinder or similar job
- Able to stand all day and lift up to 50 pounds
- Strong verbal and oral communication skills
- Ability to analyze blueprints
- Knowledge of machinery and equipment maintenance
Recruiting Assistant- Colorado Springs
Amanda is new to the Job Store Staffing family as a Junior Recruiter. She has found her passion in helping others grow and succeed. Amanda’s personal motto is, "If you are not using your life to improve the lives of others, then you are wasting yours," and lives by that message every day. In May 2018, she received her bachelor's degree in Biology/Medicine from Excelsior College. At home, Amanda loves spending time with her two rescue dogs, Lucie and Maverick. On the weekends, she spends her time fishing or hiking with her family.