HR Support Technician - FMLA and Benefits
Colorado Springs, CO 80903 US
Job Store Staffing is looking for a highly driven, motivated FMLA Support Specialist for a full time position in Colorado Springs. We are looking for an individual who excels at multitasking, is a team player and detailed oriented. This is a great position for someone that is detailed oriented, analytical, collaborative and trustworthy.
You will serve as the initial point of contact for employees requesting leave and responds by phone, email and in person to general questions on leave processes, available benefits, and other general related questions.
Shift: 8am - 5pm Monday - Friday
Duration: 3-month contract (with possibility for permanent hire)
Essential Job Functions:
- Assists the Employee Benefits team with FMLA leave tracking and data entry into the attendance system. Monitors open FMLA leave cases; tracks the use of FMLA and accrued leave hours and short-term disability leave.
- Ensures employees are made aware of their responsibilities and of any documentation and notice required to qualify for and to take leave.
- Provides employees with information and appropriate leave and benefit-related forms.
- Determines eligibility for leaves and verifies employees requesting leave receive proper paperwork.
- Assist as needed with correspondence for leave approvals and denials.
- Enters and updates leave and accommodation information, including related communications, into the leave administration system and electronic filing system.
- Closely monitors when forms and other communications are due and follows-up on a timely basis.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum two (2) years administrative experience required.
- Knowledge of human resources, FMLA and ADA regulations and procedures
- Knowledge of federal, state and local legislation related to employee benefits
- Previous FMLA administration experience preferred.
- Experience with HRIS systems and data entry preferred.
- Must possess excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Strong process and documentation skills
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiting Manager- Colorado Springs
Amanda joined the Job Store family in 2019. Her passion in helping others grow and succeed. Amanda’s personal motto is, "If you are not using your life to improve the lives of others, then you are wasting yours," and lives by that message every day. In May 2018, she received her bachelor's degree in Biology/Medicine from Excelsior College. At home, Amanda loves spending time with her two rescue dogs, Lucie and Maverick. On the weekends, she spends her time fishing or hiking with her family.