Kitting Department Lead
Black Forest, CO 80908
Are you looking to make your mark in a growing company here in the Springs? Are you ready for a challenge that comes with great rewards? Job Store Staffing is seeking a driven Kitting Department Lead for a reputable manufacturing company located in Colorado Springs, CO. The lead will contribute to the manufacturing process in a fast-paced environment by organizing parts, materials, and handling manufacturing orders. Primarily responsible to ensure all materials are distributed throughout the manufacturing floor to ensure smooth single piece flow, on time delivery, and assist in the completion of the production schedule.
This is a full time position, Temp-to-Hire, Monday-Friday, 7: 00am-3: 30pm overtime may be required. Pay rate is $12/hr, with much room for growth if/when hired on by our client.
- Works within a team by hands on development of day to day activities and job tasks
- Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process; championing lean manufacturing, 5S, fulfilling orders, initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; monitoring progress; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
- Provides manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing production performance records and data; answering questions and responding to requests.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Examine work for exactness, neatness and conformance to policies and procedures
- Experience with computer programs and ERP systems.
- Ensure materials flow to the correct department to meet production timelines
- Inspect and ensure all materials meet the bill of materials requirements and stage materials for production kitting.
- Organize parts for multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to understand and satisfy job requirements based on work instructions and procedures.
- Accomplishes manufacturing staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Ensure 100% quality of products by monitoring, training, and inspecting product.
This job operates in a manufacturing/production work environment. This role routinely uses advanced manufacturing equipment along with standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand; walk; use hands or fingers, to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to lift/carry product weighing up to 50 lbs.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change as needed.