Denver, CO 80203
Job Store Staffing is seeking a Payroll Specialist for a temporary assignment scheduled to last for 9 months. The Payroll Specialist will be responsible for providing professional assistance with day to day payroll and accounting functions to ensure payroll and accounting transactions are completed in a timely, accurate manner and all deadlines are met. Ideal candidates for the Payroll Specialist positon will have payroll experience within a large organization. The Payroll Specialist will work Monday-Friday, 40 hours a week, 7am-4pm or 8am-5pm.
Primary responsibilities of the Payroll Specialist include but are not limited to:
- Assisting the Payroll Accountant with payroll related accounting functions for all employees within branch.
- Collecting employee time cards and reports and use a state labor data cost allocation system to charge the appropriate accounts based on the time and effort worked.
- Assist with the implementation of the new statewide payroll and human resources system.
- Input payroll data and reconcile payroll accounts in order to ensure that payroll was processed properly by employee and identify any errors prior to the employee being impacted.
- Help employees with payroll questions and resolve problems.
- Assist with the collection and reporting of ACA data.
Preferred qualifications of the Payroll Specialist include:
- Payroll processing experience for a large number of employees.
- Associate Degree in Accounting or Finance required, Accounting Degree preferred.
- Ability to work with large Excel spreadsheets, including formulas, formatting, filtering and sorting.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion.
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 7am-4pm or 8am-5pm
If you think you are a qualified candidate for the Payroll Specialist position please apply online today!