Norwood, CO 81423 US
Job Store Staffing is seeking an experienced Store Director! Our client has successfully operated and expanded in the grocery market for over 45 years.
This position assumes responsibility for all store operations and related decisions, with an emphasis on financial targets and controls, key service and customer engagement and employee performance and development. The position requires ability to encourage individual and group effort toward defined goals and to provide training, development, and work direction in a supportive and consistent manner. The Store Director will work in partnership our client’s senior leadership, the Senior Assistant Store Director and Assistant Store Director to ensure all areas of responsibility and operations are maintained.
Annual Salary: $80K
Health/dental and prescription insurance
$10, 000 company paid life insurance policy (age-adjusted)
Supplemental Life Insurance/Accidental Death and Dismemberment
Accident medical expense support
Hospitalization medical expense support
Critical Illness medical expense support.
Employee assistance plan
401k with match for eligible employees
Paid sick leave or personal time off
Key Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Works through store leadership to establish budget, plan for and achieve budgetary numbers and evaluate store in view of established goals on an ongoing basis.
- Communicates regularly with members of the store team, the CEO, COO, Director of Perishables and other Store Support Office team members regarding goals, updates, feedback and issues; escalates issues and concerns appropriately and follows up to conclusion
- Leads the entire store team to achieve the overall financial targets of the store including profitability, sales, labor, etc.
- Ensures effective and timely practices are in place for interdepartmental and intradepartmental communications.
- Partners and maintains active involvement with community organizations.
- Demonstrates understanding of store priorities and can anticipate changes
- Leads by showing initiative in problem solving
- Readily adjusts to changing conditions
- Keeps the COO and Maintenance staff informed to store conditions and decisions made
- Conducts in-store meetings and encourages contributions to the decision-making process of the store.
- Ensures store appearance and conditions are at the highest standards of cleanliness, efficiency, and productivity.
- Checks that store security conditions are maintained
- Assesses store conditions in each department daily.
- Guarantees a remarkable shopping environment, including friendly and helpful team members, proper parking lot/dumpster area/grounds maintenance, clean floors and restrooms and impeccable food safety and sanitation conditions.
- Oversees effective use and maintenance of store equipment and facilities.
- Ensures the entire store complies with all regulatory requirements.
- Monitors employee effectiveness and productivity and ensures efficient labor utilization.
- Removes roadblocks for other leaders and/or employees that impede ability to perform and excel their job
- Evaluates ongoing operations to identify opportunities for, and delivering, employee recognition and/or remedial action.
- Oversees store personnel functions
- Conducts screening interview and recommends candidates to department heads
- Consults with department heads about personnel problems and work to resolve
- Administers corrective action notices and consults with our client’s leadership and Human Resources on disciplinary actions and terminations
- Ensures compliance on areas of management and employee relations as counseled by Human Resources
- Ensures the store has expertise in payroll/timeclock management
- Adheres to protocols for Worker’s Compensation and General Liability reporting and follow up
- Confirms effective employee orientation and position-based training occurs in all departments.
- Oversees loss prevention functions to minimize losses and to ensure safe shopping and working conditions.
- Effective Use of Technology
- Understands store systems and processes to ensure effective and appropriate use, including but not limited to: hiring, labor scheduling, ordering, receiving, credits, point-of-sale, shelf space/inventory management and shrink
- Demonstrates effective use of web apps to access reports, email and other systems.
- 5+ years of retail leadership and management experience.
- Proven managerial skills to successfully monitor performance and accountability.
- Possess strong leadership skills with the ability to lead and motivate others.
- Resourceful with ability to work across all areas of the business.
- Ability to demonstrate financial acumen in the retail industry.
- Expertise in use of retail store technologies.
- Able to work a flexible schedule.
- Able to pass a criminal background check and drug screen.
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Executive Recruiter
Lynnette joined Job Store in 2017. Lynnette has a professional background in recruiting, insurance, and contract negotiation. Her passion is helping others find long term opportunities in their chosen fields. She has helped hundreds find a career in manufacturing, production, clerical and healthcare roles. Lynnette has developed great long term relationships with her client companies and always receives great reviews!
When she is not at the Job Store, you will find Lynnette spending time with family and exploring the mountains.