VP of Accounting and Legal
Louisville, CO 80027 US
- Financial Reporting and General Ledger Management
- Oversee the company controller to maintain all finance and accounting operations including billing, payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and royalties.
- Monitor the accuracy, timeliness and communication of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Manage the cash flow planning process and weekly cash management.
- Manage banking relationships, investment accounts, and company’s line of credit.
- Monitor the general ledger accounting for compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), other industry best practices and company guidelines.
- Review and ensure application of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures.
- Oversee the preparation and timely distribution of investor financial updates.
- Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors; Manage preparation and support of all external audits.
- Work with the Director of Strategic Finance to establish yearly financial initiatives and goals that align with the company's plan for growth and expansion.
- Legal and Tax Oversight
- Oversee the company’s tax strategies, legal compliance and auditing.
- Interpret laws, regulations and manage outside counsel.
- Oversee the preparation and timely filing of all local, state and federal tax returns.
- Lead the evaluation of insurance premiums, deductibles and the impact on budgets and forecasts.
- Assure legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations at all levels.
- Review and approve legal agreements with vendors, independent contractors, and customers.
- Review publishing agreement templates and approve non-standard publishing agreements.
- Partner with the Director of HR and Director of Strategic Finance to ensure compensation strategy and decisions are handled fairly and strategically.
- Oversight of Financial Operations and Systems
- Responsible for the overall design of the financial processes and departments, including controls for accurate measurement, timely reporting and financial analysis.
- Ensure the proper functioning of all systems, databases and financial software.
- Identify and implement systems and software to provide critical financial and operational information. Make suggestions for automating processes and increasing efficiency.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline, master’s degree or MBA
- CPA – Preferred
- 10+ years of financial and accounting experience in a senior management position
- Must possess knowledge of all aspects of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Strong financial and accounting background, including an understanding of profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow management and general finance and budgeting
- Experience with corporate governance
- Ability to understand new issues quickly and make wise decisions
- Ability to inspire confidence and create trust
- Excellent management and supervisory skills
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Proficient in database and accounting computer application systems
- Highly collaborative leader who enjoys working cross-functionally with peers and empowering others
- Ideal candidate will have experience with ecommerce businesses and subscription services
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Executive Recruiter
Jackie joined the Job Store team in 2016 as a HR Coordinator and is now currently the Recruiting Manager for the Denver branch. Jackie enjoys the challenge of recruiting for a range of different positions but most frequently recruits for Administrative and Customer Service related positions. Jackie enjoys building rapport with clients and employees and is always happy to help in any way she can. Jackie moved to Colorado from Australia in 2015 and she enjoys exploring new places with her two rescue dogs.